Carhoots Corporation ltd. is the trading name for Carhoots.com. In this policy, we will refer to Carhoots Corporation as “Carhoots”, “our”, “us”, or “we”.
How does Carhoots collects your information?
Carhoots collects your information in the following instances:
1. Signup and registration - In order to improve your experience while using Carhoots and to become a registered user of our service, we collect voluntary information provided by you in the following instances:
a) When you enter an email address on a form in order to receive updates to Carhoots
b) When users sign-up and/or register using certain third-party social networking sites (including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter). For example, Carhoots allows you to register and login to the service using your Facebook account credentials through Facebook Connect.
2. ‘Log Data’ and ‘cookies’ - Log Data and cookies collect certain information and are used when you browse or use our service in order to improve your experience. For example, when using our service, if you decide to fill in a contact form to make a general enquiry, should you want to make an additional enquiry then we retain details such as your name and contact number so you don’t have to enter the same details again.
So, what information do we collect?
b) Account registration. We create your User account for your use of the Service based upon the Personal Information you provide.
c) Communications. We use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
d) Customer service. We use your Personal Information to respond to your questions and/or inquiries.
4. Emailing via a Carhoots Account. As part of the Service, Carhoots Users may communicate with other registered and non-registered Users through use of their Carhoots accounts. Where Users have selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from Carhoots to those email addresses on their behalf.
2. Log Data. Carhoots servers automatically record information ("Log Data") created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms. Other actions, such as interactions with our website, applications and advertisements, may also be included in Log Data. This log data is collected in order to improve the user’s experience whilst using our service. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Service again, it will recognise you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
How do we share your information?
1. Carhoots users. When you register on Carhoots and submit personal information such as your name and email address either through Carhoots own registration or through third party social networking sites, other users of the service may see your name/username. If you choose to include additional information in your profile, other Carhoots users will see such additional information, including, but not limited to, your photo, biography, location, website and third party social network profiles. Any additional information you provide is optional and should be in relation to the level of interaction you want to enjoy on whilst using the Carhoots service. We recommend you be diligent in the information you provide and do not include any information you consider confidential or sensitive.
2. Third-party Social Networking Site Users. Carhoots uses custom built technology to provide a service to its users. One element of the technology uses third-party API’s and data feeds to access and aggregate user generated content and display this content on the Carhoots website. Any data that is aggregated from these third party sites has been done legally, in accordance with the relevant API’s terms and conditions of use and based on the individual's privacy settings for the related social networking site. For example, if a Twitter user was not aware that their Tweets were being used by our website and they wish stop Carhoots accessing their data, they must do so by changing their privacy settings in their personal Twitter account to private. Most social networks privacy settings are public by default.
3. Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
4. Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
5. Social Networking Sites. We may share the information in your Carhoots account (including your Personal Information) with the Social Networking Sites that you have linked to your Carhoots account. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only for this purpose (unless the Social Networking Site has received your Personal Information independently of the Service) and not for other purposes.
a) Facebook Connect and Twitter. We allow Users to link their Facebook and Twitter accounts to our Service. Users can then post recent activity on our Service back to their Facebook and Twitter accounts. You will be prompted to decide whether or not your activity on the Service will be shared and disclosed on your Facebook/Twitter service. You can disable the foregoing feature at any time by logging into your profile and selecting the option to disable Facebook Connect and/or Twitter. Further, you may be able to edit your privacy settings for the content that you post which appears on Facebook/Twitter by making selections in your “Edit Profile” settings via the Service.
6. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Carhoots cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We can disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process including, but not limited to, subpoenas, to protect the property and rights of Pinterest or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
8. Business Transfers. Carhoots may sell, divest, transfer, assign, share or otherwise engage in a transaction that involves, some or all of our assets, including any or all of the information described in this Policy, in the course of a corporate divestiture, merger, acquisition, joint venture, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, or any other similar transaction or proceeding.
What are your choices regarding privacy and personal information?
1. Email Communications. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications, update your “preferences” information in your account settings or contact us at email@example.com
2. Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know by contacting us at info@Carhoots.com
3. De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your Social Network Site account (e.g., Facebook or Twitter) linked to your Carhoots account, then you may de-link the Social Network Site account in your account settings.
4. Changing or Deleting Your Information. All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their User account by contacting us or by editing their profile via the Service. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your User account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honour your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Links to other third party sites and services
How we store and protect information
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the UK and elsewhere in the world where Carhoots facilities or our service providers are located, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about the Carhoots Policy please contact us at 8 Woodside Crescent, Glasgow, G3 7UL, call us on +44 (0)141 353 1277 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.